Take Captive Every Thought
2 Corinthians 10:3-5
3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does.
4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
How does satan infiltrate our thoughts and why? The answer to WHY is because the conception of sin (transgression of the laws of God) is seeded in the mind with a thought, sin then grows and is nourished by more thoughts, which lead to desire, justification in our mind, and then action.
The first example of this can be seen in the Garden of Eden when Eve has a conversation with satan who asks her a question, thus placing the seed of sin with a thought into the mind of Eve.
HOW satan places, activates and stimulates our sin-seeded thoughts is foremost by our senses, mostly through digital media.
Satan is prince of the power of the air, after all. Ephesians 2:2
Internet and the Internet of Things
- Seeing through our eyes: what we read, watch and observe. What pleases our eyes in the world. A positive feedback loop for the rest…primarily through media.
- Hearing through our ears: what we listen to and hear. How we interpret and respond to what we hear.
- Tasting and speaking through our mouth and tongue: what we say and how we say it, and when. What we ingest into our bodies and why.
- Touching and experiencing the world through our skin and bodies: what feels pleasurable. What we wear and why. What envelopes us. How we experience our world. What we let surround us. What we text, write, present, and even share through digital media.
- Smelling through our nose: what we smell that evokes memories and even action.
Update: Even if you do not participate in a specific sin, if you see it, hear it, read about it, or experience it in any manner long enough, sin becomes normalized in society and is soon advocated and celebrated. A good example is abortion of a living human being up to and at birth, under the guise of reproductive health.
Another example is the corruption of the two sexes created by God into the idea that men can be women and vise versa or that some women have penises and some men have vagina’s, which they are now teaching children in grade school.
An even more sinister example is the TV show, Game of Thrones, which shows sex scenes of various types in every episode. The result is a profound desensitization that these sex acts are immoral, and an indifference to sin in society. This allows even more sin and more evil sin to become normalized, eventually towards a truly Godless society.
Note: Digital media (satan’s 0,1’s — represents a profound loss of information) is just another corruption/substitution of God’s analog Creation. Satan, as a created being cannot create anything, so he takes what has been created…and corrupts it, mutates it, and deceives us into thinking, we as a society are advancing.
Be an overcomer through:
Mindfulness, prayer for discernment, taking captive every thought and making it obedient to Christ – and not mindlessly handing our fertile minds over to satan, and daily, putting on the full Armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18)
Erratum: The Isaiah citation in the image is spelled incorrectly and I can’t change it. The message is more important than the typo, so I decided to use the image — I like it!